Corporate Communications Manager
Powerful women, healthy societies. We strive for a world in which all women and girls enjoy their human rights to water and sanitation, resulting in healthy and just societies. Read more about our work at www.simavi.nl.
Your role at Simavi
The Corporate Communications Manager holds the end responsibility for the development and realisation of all marketing & communications related strategies. In this leading role the Corporate Communications Manager ensures that Simavi’s reputation and brand image is in line with its mission and communication strategy to internal and external stakeholders like (institutional) donors, corporates, knowledge institutes and employees.
The Corporate Communications Manager is coached by the Director Fundraising & Engagement and coaches the Digital Engagement Officer, Project Manager, Digital Communication Specialist, Communications & Advocacy Officer and the Account Manager Special Gifts & Marketing and Communications Officer.
Your result areas
1. Development of comprehensive strategies in line with Simavi ‘s vision, mission and Theory of Change.
- Ensures the development of a communications strategy to strengthen Simavi’s reputation and brand image, and in order to increase mobilisation and engagement of donors and partners.
- Ensures the development of an influencer and ambassadors strategy.
- Ensures alignment of communications efforts with the objectives of the organisation, and with the targets of the Partnership Development and Private Fundraising circles.
2. Create brand awareness and strengthen brand image of Simavi and her programme & lobby activities
- Develop, create and oversee content and stories for optimal communication: lead the productions of video products, photography and design, forming internal teams and using external suppliers.
- Contribute to the development and ensuring execution of media strategy, ambassador strategy and marketing strategy to ensure visibility within the pre-defined target audiences, with a pro-active approach, recognising and capturing opportunities.
- Ensure consistent messaging by informing and briefing all relevant stakeholders (including employees, Supervisory board, ambassadors etc) through optimised communication form, our key messages and priorities and Simavi’s brandbook.
- Main media contact for journalists and press on behalf of Simavi.
- Lead on campaigns and events (existing and new); ensure they are executed in time and within budget; contributing to Simavi’s goals.
3. Development and maintenance of excellent relations with Simavi’s ambassadors
- Responsible for the execution of the ambassadors strategy.
- Responsible for identifying and involvement of ambassadors with our work.
- Ensures the development of an activity plan for interacting/exposure with/of ambassadors.
4. Employee engagement
- Ensures that all Simavi employees are engaged and informed about Simavi’s mission and activities.
- Aligns communications efforts with Human Resources Management circle.
5. Ensure that the purpose and responsibilities of the Circle are met
- Develops the annual plan and budget in line with Simavi’s strategic direction and that of the M&C Circle.
- Enables optimal quantitative and qualitative personnel presence, (re)assigns roles to role owners and guards the fit.
- Guards and stimulates the professional and personal development of the coachees.
- Assigns (financial) resources and sets priorities.
- Defines, monitors and reports on the KPI’s to ensure efficient use of resources and guards the budgets.
- Represents the Circle in the Circle Lead meetings.
The dream candidate
- Academic level of education
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a comparable position.
- A minimum of 3-5 years managerial experience
- Specific knowledge and skills:
- Substantive knowledge of marketing and communications
- Inspiring leader with strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Ability to connect ‘the dots’ and keeps strategic helicopter overview
- Proven experience in communication advise
- Knowledge of different media types
- Strong writing skills for the creation of content and stories
- Excellent project management skills
- General understanding of the development sector and programme management
- Result oriented and the ability to take decisions
- Representative, spokesperson
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing skills in English and Dutch
- A passion for feminist leadership, climate and social justice
What do we offer ?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (e.g. weekly online bootcamp or yoga sessions, agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year for 36 hours per week with possible extension. This position is scaled in salary scale H. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along including the relevance of this working experience for this position. Scale H has a salary range of € 3.474,40 to € 5.049,11 gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week.
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk. We also offer an hybrid way of working with the possibility to work from home a few days a week.
The procedure consists of 2 interviews, a case study, a reference check and a Certificate of Good Conduct.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) latest the 21st of November 2021 via this application link.
We are looking forward to your application!
Only applications that are uploaded via the application hyperlink will be processed. Commercial inquiries or job postings without our consent are not appreciated and accepted.
Because physical and emotional safety of children is crucial for Simavi, we do not accept any form of abuse. Child safeguarding is addressed in our recruitment and selection process.