Executive Secretary (Dutch speaker) | Simavi
Are you an excellent planner and do you enjoy a large variety of tasks? Are you a trustful collaborator that can follow up on agreements made with consistency while keeping overview of the planning and deadlines? Do you feel at home in a feminist organisation that fights for women empowerment? Then Simavi is looking for you!
Powerful women, healthy societies. We strive for a world in which all women and girls enjoy their human rights to water and sanitation, resulting in healthy and just societies. By joining Simavi you will create a stage for millions of girls and women raising their voice to demand climate and social justice.
In this role, you will be coached by the Managing Director. You will also be working closely with our Supervisory Board (Raad van Toezicht) and our seven Circle Leads (managers).
Your role at Simavi
As Executive Secretary, you have a central role in the organisation. You will be performing a variety of tasks, focusing on secretarial, administrative and organisational support for the Managing Director. You will also work closely and give support to the Circle Leads and the Supervisory Board. You will be in charge of coordinating organisational annual events like quarterly plenaries, onboarding sessions (together with HR) and outings. You work independently and you take initiatives.
Your result areas
- Manage the agenda of the Managing Director by scheduling meetings, monitoring appointments made and ensuring follow-up on agreements and action-lists
- Support the agenda management for the Supervisory Board meetings, facilitate the planning of the annual meetings with the Supervisory Board and act as first point of contact.
- Organise and coordinate organisation-wide annual sessions and events (Eg. Plenaries, Onboarding sessions, etc.)
- Facilitate Circle Leads’ meetings, the Annual Planning meetings and the Management Midterm Review meeting
- Process in and outgoing correspondences upon request by the Managing Director
- Take minutes in meetings where the Managing Director is involved and follow up on action list with relevant stakeholders
- Supports other circle assistants, such as the programmes assistant or the HR Support Officer, on an ad-hoc basis if needed
- Act as a host(ess) in organisational-wide events or for important meeting planned with the Managing Director
What you bring
- HBO level of education
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in a similar position
- You have a strong affinity with Simavi’s mission and vision. You are eager to learn and contribute to it
- You support our ambition to “shift the power” and can translate it in your way of working
- You are familiar with an Agile organisation, or are at least open to learn it
- You have experience in minute taking, writing reports and setting up meeting agenda's
- You have experience in facilitating and hosting meetings
- Administrative skills, well organised, strict with deadlines and keeping structure and overview
- Excellent Knowledge of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing skills in English and Dutch (Dutch is a must)
What do we offer?
An exciting and challenging position in an international working environment. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (e.g. weekly bootcamp or yoga sessions, agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 12 months for 32-36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 2600.- and € 3611.- gross per month on a full time basis of 36 hours per week. The position in the salary scale depends on the number of relevant years of working experience. Furthermore, part of our terms of employment are: 5 weeks’ vacation per year, 8% holiday allowance, commuting allowance (as of >10 kilometres), a mobile phone allowance (25 EUR per month), a pension insurance and a disability insurance.
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 5 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk. We also offer an Hybrid way of working with the possibility to work alternatively from home and from the office.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) before 15th of May via the application button.
Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!
The procedure consists in 2 interviews, a reference check, a Certificate of Good Conduct.