Account Manager Institutional Funds
Powerful women, healthy societies. We strive for a world in which all women and girls enjoy their human rights to water and sanitation, resulting in healthy and just societies. By joining Simavi you will create a stage for millions of girls and women raising their voice to demand climate and social justice.
In this role, you will join a team of 7 colleagues from Partnership Development, and you will be coached by the Director Fundraising and Engagement. You will also be working closely with your colleagues from Programmes and Marketing and Communication Circles.
Your role at Simavi
As an Account Manager Institutional Funds at Simavi your main responsibility is to mobilise, secure and gain funding from donors like EU, SIDA, USAID, and US foundations. This role specifically focusses on fundraising for Simavi's work on climate justice and water and sanitation. You will take the lead in identifying, coordinating, and submitting proposals in line with donor requirements. You will build and maintain important networks for Simavi in the field of climate justice and water and sanitation. Furthermore, you will create access to a variety of institutional donors and mobilise funding for our activities and those of our partners in Africa and Asia.
Your result areas
Develop and maintain networks and partnerships:
- Strong account management on key accounts and build relationships with key donors
- Build-up and maintain relevant networks and partnerships
- Initiate partnerships with other relevant CSO’s, academia and research institutes
- Participate in relevant network events in the Netherlands and internationally to profile Simavi
- Identify new trends and developments, relations, and potential partnerships relevant for Simavi
- Identify opportunities for fundraising on key thematic area’s (climate change and adaptation, gender and water and sanitation)
Identify and raise programme funding
- Collect information on opportunities and requirements for Simavi to attract external programme funding from institutional sources (national and international subsidies, in-country funds, corporate funds, international foundations, development banks, etc)
- Prepare - in close cooperation with colleagues in the Netherlands and overseas - programmes and proposals to submit for funding
- Write an impactful proposals, meeting donor requirements and secure effective follow up.
Strengthen and support Simavi’s capacity to develop impactful programmes
- Support in country staff and partners with in country fundraising
- Work closely with Programme Officers and Programme Managers in identifying opportunities and support them in developing innovative programmes, eligible for external funding
- Assist Programme Officers and Programme Managers in managing effective reporting on these programmes.
- Work closely with the Director Fundraising and Engagement to develop efficient procedures and policies well aligned with the Simavi strategy
- Share lessons learnt from institutional fund raising and fund management efforts with colleagues and partners
The dream candidate
- An academic level of education in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a comparable position.
- Proven track record in account management, institutional fundraising, and good knowledge of proposal writing.
- Proven experience with the following donors : EU, SIDA, USAID, and US foundations (Must have)
- Specific knowledge and skills:
- Good networker, excellent communicator, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and expertise in climate change, water and sanitation is an asset
- Innovative and strategic thinker.
- Eye for detail, application of strong financial rigor, discretion, and integrity
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Preparedness to travel occasionally to other countries (within Covid restrictions)
- As a person:
- Open personality and positive mindset
- Getting things done
- A genuine interest in the NGO sector, in particularly in women-centred and rights-based approach programming
- You are eligible to work in the Netherlands or registered as an independent consultant
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly (online/offline) bootcamp sessions and agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year for 32-36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 3,090.76 and € 4,425.87 gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week.
How to apply?
Interested and do you recognise yourself in the profile? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English) until 16th of January 2022 via the Application button. Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!